Simon Poulding Prize for LGBTQ+ Right/Activities
The late Dr Simon Poulding was a staff member in the University of York’s Computer Science Department. In his memory, Dr Poulding’s family have donated a £250 annual award for the promotion of LGBTQ+ rights. This prize will be presented at the GSA Awards in July and is open to staff and students within the STEM departments who have demonstrated notable achievement in or promotion of LGBTQ+ rights/activities during the past 12 months.
- To enter for the award please fill out the application form.
- Deadline to enter has been extended to Friday 30th June 2023 and a committee will be formed consisting of the GSA Awards Judging Panel, a member of the LGBTI Matters Staff Forum, a member of the Equality and Diversity Office and a student (YUSU/GSA representative) to review the applications.
- The award will be announced at the July GSA Awards (date TBC).
- The criteria is simple. Staff and students (individuals and/or groups) from STEM departments at the University of York can enter for the Simon Poulding Prize if they have demonstrated notable achievement in the promotion of LGBTQ+ rights/activities within the 12 months prior to the closing date.
- If you have any questions please contact Chris Carr at email@example.com