Our Officers & Reps
Charlotte Chamberlain – President
Hi! I’m Charlotte, the President of the GSA for 2017-18. My role is to respond to the academic needs of students, and represent these to the University to ensure you have the best possible postgraduate experience!
This year, I’m working on issues surrounding:
- The transition to Postgraduate study and the transition from taught to research programmes.
- Access to academic journals and Key Texts.
- The allocation and accountability of MA and PhD supervisors.
Fatma Layas – Vice President (Wellbeing and Community)
Hi, my name is Fatma and I am the Vice President (Wellbeing and Community). It’s my job to help coordinate activities and opportunities for postgraduates to meet, network and have fun.
This year I’ll be specifically working on:
- Tailored events to what you want
- Workshops on how to spot and deal with the study stresses, homesickness, and being away from friends and family.
- Accommodation at the best prices on and off campus