GSA Whitby Goth Weekend
Enjoy one of Yorkshire’s most picturesque seaside towns with a Halloween twist!
Whitby hosts its biannual Goth Weekend, welcoming Goths, Punks, Steampunks, Emos, Bikers and more, join in the festivities and listen to the music as they parade around the Victorian streets. Weird and wonderful costumes create a fun and friendly atmosphere to be enjoyed by all.
Join this day trip to experience one of the world’s premier goth events and explore the Bizarre Bazaar Alternative Market as well as the usual gothic curiosities around the town. Bram Stoker was famously inspired by Whitby Abbey to write the masterpiece Dracula and the remains can still be visited today.
If that isn’t your thing, there is still plenty to enjoy around the town:
- Take a boat trip around the harbour – if you’re really lucky, you might still see whales!
- Enjoy a stroll along the beach, maybe with fish and chips from the famed Magpie Cafe?
- Stretch your legs and climb the 199 steps up to Whitby Abbey, see if you can find ‘Humpty Dumpty’s tomb’ in the graveyard
- Visit Heritage Jet for some authentic jet jewellery, a gemstone unique to the Whitby coastline
- Learn more about Captain Cook at the Memorial Museum
- Find the Whalebone Arch for an incredible view and photo opportunity!
The coach will depart from James College Reception at 8:45am and return to campus at around 6pm.
Location: James College Reception, Campus West
Date: 29/10/2023, 08:30 - 18:00