Autumn Council Elections
Our council elections are here! This is your chance to help influence the work of the GSA and pick up some useful skills and experience at the same time.
Below are the descriptions of the various roles up for election. Each council member will be required at 2-3 council meetings a term but the rest of the role is what you make of it!
We will also be electing a student trustee in this election. More information about the role of the student trustee can be found below.
Due to a number of requests from students wanting to find out more information about the GSA council in detail, we have decided to extend the nominations period for the GSA Council Elections for another 2 weeks. The new deadline for nominations is Sunday 29th October at 23:59.
The Council Elections Info Sessions are as follows:
Wednesday 18th October – Berrick Saul Building 008 – 16:00 – 17:00
Friday 20th October – Vanbrugh GCR – 13:00 – 14:00
Thursday 26th October – Wentworth Common Room (W/024) 17:00 – 18:00
Friday 27th October – Vanbrugh GCR – 13:00 – 14:00
- Responsible for chairing the council meetings and setting the agenda for meetings alongside the President.
- Events Officer
- Recruiting a volunteer events team.
- Supporting with the running of GSA events and trips.
- Gather student feedback on current and future events and trips.
- Sports Officer
- Support with the running of GSA sports sessions.
- Coordinate postgraduate sports teams.
- Gather student feedback on current and future sports sessions.
- Equality Officer
- Ensure the GSA is representative and accommodating of all groups.
- Support the GSA with running of equality campaigns and events.
- Communities Officer
- Support the 5 Network coordinators and the running of the Postgraduate Community Fund.
- Represent the postgraduate community to the University and City.
- Volunteering Officer
- Work with the university to ensure volunteering opportunities are available for postgraduates.
- Work with the GSA to create volunteering opportunities for postgraduates.
- Colleges Officer
- Liaise with Graduate Common Room Committees and College Student Associations to ensure the needs of postgraduates are known and taken into account.
- Be a bridge between the GSA and College committees.
- Student Trustee
- The Student Trustee sits on the Board of Trustees at the GSA and makes sure the student voice is heard. They are to ensure that the GSA is well run, meets its aims and is working within the legal and constitutional framework laid down.