Course Representatives are elected by their fellow students and are the key link between students and staff on their course and in their department. They seek out students’ views and represent them at Board of Studies meetings and Student-Staff Forums (SSF), work in partnership with staff to improve their course, campaign for change, and help resolve any course-related matters that may arise. Postgraduate Course Reps work closely with the Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) and its elected officers to make things better for their fellow students.
- Participate in relevant committees and contribute to the agenda and discussion.
- Seek out opinions/issues from fellow students in advance of committees.
- Provide feedback to their cohort following the committee meetings.
- To raise course-related group issues with relevant teaching or support staff as they arise throughout the year.
- Promote participation in key surveys to fellow students throughout the year.
- Support, where reasonable, departmental community-building projects.
If you would like to find out who your Course Rep is and do not already know then contact Isobel Hall at email@example.com